Roughly half of Instagram’s users 1 billion users now use Instagram Stories every day. That 500 million daily user count is up from 400 million in June 2018. CEO Mark Zuckerberg called Stories the last big game-changing feature from Facebook, but after concentrating on security last year, it plans to ship more products that make “major improvements” in people’s lives.
During today’s Q4 2018 earnings call, Zuckerberg outlined several areas where Facebook will push new products this year:
- Encryption and ephemerality will be added to more features for security and privacy
- Messaging features will make Messenger and WhatsApp will become “the center of [your] social experiences”
- WhatsApp payments will expand to more countries
- Stories will gain new private sharing options
- Groups will expand to encompass new experiences
- Facebook Watch will become mainstream this year, Zuckerberg expects.
- Augmented and virtual reality will be improved with Oculus Quest shipping this spring.
- Instagram commerce and shopping will get new features
This post was originally posted at http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/KbtwjI9J2nY/.