Anthony Davis is still a member of the New Orleans Pelicans. By 3 p.m. Thursday, that may change.
Davis remained in place Wednesday, though the run-up to the NBA’s annual trade deadline picked up steam around the league. The first notable deal of Trade Deadline Eve got done early Wednesday afternoon when the Los Angeles Clippers moved Tobias Harris to the Philadelphia 76ers as the centerpiece of a six-person, four-draft-pick swap.
Harris, Boban Marjanovic and Mike Scott went to the 76ers. Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala and Landry Shamet went to the Clippers. Philadelphia — with an eye on moving way up from the No. 5 spot in the Eastern Conference — also gave up a protected 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 first-rounder that once was owned by Miami, and second-rounders in 2021 and 2023 through Detroit.
Another deal was arranged between Miami and Phoenix. The Heat agreed to send Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington to the Suns for Cal alum Ryan Anderson.
Meanwhile, Davis remained in place and out of uniform. The Pelicans haven’t played him since he and agent Rich Paul went public last week with their trade request.
In other trades Wednesday:
• Two people familiar with the talks say the Dallas Mavericks agreed to send former Warrior Harrison Barnes to the Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson.
• The Los Angeles Lakers — known to want Davis — made a deal, getting Reggie Bullock from the Pistons for rookie Svi Mykhailiuk, a nearly 39 percent 3-point shooter this season.
• A person close to the situation said the Washington Wizards traded swingman Otto Porter to the Bulls for Jabari Parker and Bobby Portis.
• Two people with knowledge of the deal say Houston, Sacramento and Cleveland are finishing a trade that will notably send Iman Shumpert from the Kings to the Rockets. Houston is sending Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss to the Cavaliers. Alec Burks will go from the Cavaliers to the Kings.
• NBA-leading Milwaukee reportedly is sending center Thon Maker to the Detroit Pistons for forward Stanley Johnson.
• Philadelphia swung a deal with Toronto, getting Malachi Richardson and some draft considerations for cash.
This post was originally posted at https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Tobias-Harris-goes-to-Philadelphia-Anthony-Davis-13596366.php.