COOL, Calif. — Crews are responding to a quick-moving wildfire in El Dorado County that is threatening structures and has prompted mandatory evacuation orders.
The Country Fire sparked around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday near Highway 193 and Penobscot Road in the Cool area.
The fire has burned an estimated 75 acres with 10% containment, as of 4 p.m., Cal Fire said. Crews are attacking the fire from the air and the ground.
At least two firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling the flames, Cal Fire said.
Mandatory evacuation orders have been issued for the following areas:
- South side of Sweetwater Trail from Cascade Trail to Highway 193
- Cascade Trail from Greenhorn Trail to Sweetwater Trail
- Cascade Trail south side between Greenhorn trail to Sweetwater Trail
- Secret Ravine Trail
- Stoney Hill Court
- Bald Eagle Court
- Cattail Court
- West side of Greenhorn Trail
- Courageous Lane
- Courageous Court
- Pilgrim Court
- Trillium Lane
“If you are in these areas, please evacuate immediately. If you do not need to be in this area, please stay away to allow fire and emergency personnel to get to the fire,” the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office said.
Road closures include:
- Highway 193 in the area of Auburn Lake Trails
- Highway 49 at Highway 193, east of Sweetwater Trail
- An evacuation center has been set up at Cool Community Church, located at 863 Cave Valley Road.
This post was originally posted at https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/wildfire-el-dorado-county-country-fire-evacuations-14411516.php.